The PRV240 reduces the risk of shock and arc flash by validating the functionality of test tools without placing yourself in a potentially hazardous electrical environment
- Sources both ac and dc steady-state voltage - supplies 240 V dc/ac
- A single LED indicates functionality, making this unit a simple-to-use solution for verification of your test tool
- Compatible with both high impedance or low impedance multimeters, clamp meters or two pole testers
- Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts that are activated when tested probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact
- Includes Magnetic Hanging Strap
- Long battery life - 5,000 tests per set of four AA batteries
Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit
Unique, compact, convenient
The Fluke PRV240 Proving Unit is a portable, pocket-sized, battery-powered voltage source. It is unique in that it sources stable ac and dc voltages for both LoZ and HiZ instruments.
Designed for safety and compliance
The Fluke PRV240 proving unit provides a safe and easy method for verifying proper operation of your test tool before attempting to test for either an energized source or a de-energized source without the need for cumbersome PPE, or in cases where no known voltage source is available. Your environment may still require minimal PPE such as hard, safety glasses or earplugs when using a proving unit.
The PRV240 reduces the risk of shock and arc flash by removing unnecessary exposure to a potentially hazardous electrical environment while verifying the functionality of test tools before and after absence or presence of voltage is checked.