1623-2 Key features
- A unique earth ground tester that performs fast, accurate testing with and without stakes
- Tests 3- and 4-pole fall-of-potential, and 4-pole soil resistivity (with stakes)
- Performs selective earth ground rod testing (one clamp + stakes)
- Performs stakeless earth ground rod testing (two clamps)
- Features IP56 rating for outdoor use
1625-2 Key features
The Fluke 1625-2 earth ground tester is able to measure earth ground loop resistances using only clamps. With this test method, two clamps are placed around the earth ground rod and each are connected to the tester. No earth ground stakes are used at all. A known, fixed voltage is induced by one clamp and the current is measured using the second clamp. Then the tester automatically determines the resistance of the earth ground rod. This test method only works if a bonded earth ground system exists for the building or structure under test, but most are. If there is only one path to ground, like at many residential applications, the Stakeless method will not provide an acceptable value and the Fall of Potential test method must be used.
With Stakeless testing, the earth ground rod does not need to be disconnected - leaving the bonded earth ground system intact during test. Gone are the days of spending time placing and connecting stakes for each earth ground rod on your system - a major time saver. You can also perform earth ground tests in places you’ve not considered before: inside buildings, power pylons, or anywhere you don’t have access to soil.
The Most Complete Tester
The Fluke 1625-2 is a unique earth ground tester that can performs all four types of earth ground measurement:
- 3- and 4-Pole Fall-of-Potential (using stakes)
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing (using stakes)
- Selective testing (using 1 clamp and stakes)
- Stakeless testing (using 2 clamps only)
Fluke 1623-2/1625-2 GEO Earth Ground Resistance Meter
Fluke 1623-2 Earth Ground Tester performs all four ground tests quickly and accurately.
The Fluke 1623-2 earth ground tester measures earth ground loop resistances using only clamps, only stakes, or one clamp and stakes. With the stakeless test method, the Fluke 1623-2 is able to measure earth ground loop resistances for multi-grounded systems using only current clamps. This technique eliminates the dangerous, and time-consuming job of disconnecting parallel grounds, and finding suitable locations for auxiliary ground stakes. You can use it to perform earth ground tests in places you’ve not considered before, such as inside buildings, on power pylons, or anywhere you don’t have access to soil.
Keep your options open
Keep in mind, the stakeless test method works only if a bonded earth ground system exists for the building or structure under test. If there is only one path to ground, typical with many residential applications, you will need to use the fall-of-potential test method that requires stakes.
The 1625-2 is also very easy to use. World class accessories speed set up and test time. And the tester tells you which stakes or clamps to connect for each test. The large rotary switch and buttons are easy to operate even with a gloved hand. And you can store up to 1,500 records and access them easily via the USB port.
Need even more accuracy? Check out the 1625-2 that offers:
- Automatic Frequency Control that identifies existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimize its effect, thus providing a more accurate earth ground value.
- R* measurement that calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to earth ground would see.
Other useful capabilities:
- Includes USB port for data storage and transfer
- Works with world class that speed set up and test time
- Comes with a rugged carrying case
The Fluke 1625-2 offers you simpler, faster earth ground tests than ever before. The 1625-2 offers internal memory storage up to 1500 records, accessible via USB port for rapid data transfer and viewing of results. This earth ground tester also gives you world-class accessories that take the tedium out of earth ground testing. New wire reels speed up setup and tear down time as much as 50%. Heavy duty stakes can be hammered into dry, hard soil. And new color-coded wires make setup simple and help eliminate mistakes.
The Fluke 1625-2 improves your earth ground testing process with:
- Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) - identifies existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimize its effect, providing more accurate earth ground value
- R* measurement - calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to earth ground would see
- Adjustable limits - for quicker testing
- 3- and 4-pole Fall-of-Potential, earth resistance loop testing
- 4-pole Soil Resistivity testing
- Selective earth ground rod testing using 1 clamp
- Stakeless earth ground rod testing using 2 clamps
- IP56 rated for outdoor use
- Rugged carrying case